The Recruit With Conviction team had a fantastic year in 2013 and we want to share a few of the highlights with you. Here are our top 10.
Thanks to all of our amazing advisers, partners and businesses for making all this possible:
1. Recruit With Conviction engaged hundreds of employers to promote safe, fair and effective recruitment of people with criminal records.
2. Right Honourable Kenny McAskill, Cabinet Secretary for Justice in
Scotland launched Recruit With Conviction employer discussion events on
changes to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
3. We supported the development of Ban the Box in London in partnership with Business in the Community, UNLOCK, Howard League, Criminal Justice Alliance and Barrow Cadbury Trust.
4. We delivered a full programme of Apply With Conviction workshops in the North West of England to Job Centre Plus advisers, substance abuse specialists and work programme advisers to help improve services for people with convictions.
5. We reinvested over 2000 consultant hours pro-bono for the development of our wider social aims.
6. We facilitated successful employer events in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Dundee, Irvine and Inverness.
7. We visited Potenza in Italy for the start of a new transnational European
programme with Italian and Romanian partners. This will focus on education towards employment.
8. We developed strategic partnerships with No-Offence CIC, Apex, Scottish Business in the Community and Scottish Family Business Association. We have also developed many other relationships with other great organisations.
9. We secured positive media coverage for our campaign including BBC TV news and national newspapers
10. We made a crucial contribution to diversity, improved recruitment practice and the reduction of re-offending.